CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, October 19, 2008

Bennisms

Really, I love all my children. This particular one just has a way with words!

#1 6 months ago we connected the TVs to dish network. Well, my two oldest have a way of sneaking upstairs now to watch as soon as they possibly can. Having had my fill of it, I let them know that I was seriously considering taking away the television.

After arguing about the fiscal irresponsibility of such a move, Ben, resigned, said, "When you throw it out, can I keep it and turn it into a robot?"

#2 Following Stake Conference today Ben turned to me and out of nowhere said, "We will have another baby and his name will be Billy-Bob."

I knew that stint in Tennessee was a bad idea.

(PS Note to all Tennesseans reading this. I am sorry. I couldn't resist. Actually, it's one of my most favorite places I've ever lived, but you got to admit that people who throw Roman Candles at each other on the Fourth of July open themselves up to such attacks!)

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi guys how are you? we are doing really hope to hear from you guys love from the Hasties

Catherine Wiggins said...

Re: the robot comment, I do think we have ourselves another engineer in the family, no? Love the post, it's the little funny comments that keep us sane. It's good you're writing them down!

irvy said...

They were Bottle Rockets!!! Oh my gracious I'm cracking up remembering!!!!

Joan said...

Ben has a future as a politician; er, hopefully a statesman! Mom

Anne Marie said...

It was great to see you, Janine! Love the quotes here from your son...my kids also love the name "Billy-Bob". So funny.

The Jen said...

Where have you been my dear? I keep checking for new funny stories and I am left empty-handed. I know, it's the holiday season. You're forgiven.